Webmaster Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything For Webmasters

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
FREE FACEBOOK LIKES
socialmedianetworkexchnage
Muscle Warfare - Free Trial
Latest topics
» Why Directory is so Important??
How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:22 pm by madelinekim

» What is SEO ?
How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 pm by madelinekim

» is meta tags usefull? for you?
How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:14 pm by madelinekim

» some usefull seo tips
How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:09 pm by madelinekim

» hello to everyone out there!
How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:21 pm by surferangel

» Hello everyone !
How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 pm by surferangel

» EXTRA MONEY ONLINE
How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:01 pm by surferangel

» General Discussion Forum
How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:40 pm by motorcookie

» Selling one of my sites....
How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 pm by motorcookie

Top posting users this month
No user
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Webmaster Forums on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Webmaster Forums on your social bookmarking website
Advertisement

How do i create feed FEED URL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
metamorphosis

How do i create feed FEED URL Empty
PostSubject: How do i create feed FEED URL   How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:35 am

How do i create a feed URL?
Back to top Go down
Cale
Admin
Cale

How do i create feed FEED URL Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do i create feed FEED URL   How do i create feed FEED URL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:42 am

f you can learn HTML, you can easily learn how to build your own RSS 2.0 feeds. I'll take you through the steps to creating an RSS feed from scratch.

Step 1: XML Declaration

Since RSS 2.0 must validate as XML, the first line in your rss feed must be the XML declaration.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
The encoding is optional but recommended. If your using something other than UTF-8 be sure to change the above line.

Note: If you are using CFML and have whitespace due to the Application.cfm file you can reset the output buffer using <cfcontent reset="true">
Step 2: RSS Channel

In this step we need to open up the rss tag, and the channel tag, all of your feed content goes inside these tags.

<rss version="2.0">
<channel>
Step 3: RSS Feed Information

Next you place information about your RSS feed such as the title of it, the description, and a link to the the site.

<title>The title of my RSS 2.0 Feed</title>
<link>http://www.example.com/</link>
<description>This is my rss 2 feed description</description>
<lastBuildDate>Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:37:00 GMT</lastBuildDate>
<language>en-us</language>
The lastBuildDate should be the date and time that the feed was last changed. Dates in RSS feeds should comply to RFC 822. In CFML the DateFormat mask would be ddd, dd mmm yyyy and the TimeFormat would be HH:mm:ss. Dates should be offset to GMT. The lastBuildDate tag is not required but is highly recommended.

Step 4: RSS Items

Next we enumerate over each RSS item, each item has a title, link, and description, publication date, and guid.

<item>
<title>Title of an item</title>
<link>http://example.com/item/123</link>
<guid>http://example.com/item/123</guid>
<pubDate>Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:37:00 GMT</pubDate>
<description>[CDATA[ This is the description. ]]</description>
</item>
<!-- put more items here -->
Make sure you escape any characters that might cause your XML to invalidate, these characters include <, >, & - I like to enclose any content that may contain HTML inside a CDATA section.

Note: In CFML you can use the XmlFormat function to escape special characters in XML.
Step 5: Close Channel and RSS tags.

</channel>
</rss>
Step 6: Validate your feed

Validate your feed using FeedValidator.org.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freesupplementfinder.com

How do i create feed FEED URL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Webmaster Forums :: Affiliate Marketing-
Jump to: